Perth is the biggest city in Western Australia and there are plenty of things to do. But, did you know that it is also a vibrant place: beach, art, food, sport, nightlife, nature, … Here is the perfect list of the 10 best things to do in Perth for backpackers:
1. Chill at Kings Park and the Botanic Garden to get the best view on the city at the Kaarta Gar Up lookout.
2. Take a walk along the swan river from the Bell Tower and the Elizabeth Quay Bridge and you may even see some dolphins
3. Go to the Blue Boat House the iconic boathouse and a famous photo spot.
4. Visit Heirisson Island in the heart of the city to see some kangaroos
5. Go to Leederville and drink a coffee at Greens & Co (I love this place)
6. Eat and Party at Northbridge – the backpacker’s area (plenty of bars and restaurant even for LGBTQ community, Mustang bar and The Court are the best)
7. Enjoy the chill and artsy vibes of Freemantle eat and drink on South Terrace Street. Also a great area for backpackers.
8. One of the best beaches in Perth is definitely the most famous one: Cottesloe Beach. And it is also where you can see the Sculpture by the sea festival in March.
9. Shopping downtown: there are plenty of places to shop in Perth, but you absolutely have to go to the cutest street in the city: London Court
10. And finally, last but not least, visit Rottnest Island to meet the happiest animal in the world: the Quokka.
Perth has plenty of great places for art, food and nightlife, so this list of the 10 best things to do in Perth for backpackers is just a summary. But, if you want to add your favourite places, write a comment below with great things to do for backpackers in this city and I can add them later in the article.
Articles you may want to read :